Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Frustration Will Make You Do Interesting Things: School Edition


Well Hello Everyone!!! I am so sorry that I have not updated my blog in a while! I would first love to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope that you make it positive and that you work hard to achieve your goals.

So as you can see this is another installment of "Frustration Will Make You Do Interesting Things". For people that know me, know that I have been working on my PhD in Electrical Engineering since finishing my Masters in 2008. But most of you don't know, I have been out of school for over a year :-( . I had completed all of my course work and my qualifying exam and just quit! o_O  Strange, I know. I made all kind of crazy excuses. I had just gotten married and moved 1.5 hours away from school. I attempted to find a full time job but EVERYONE kept telling me "Well we will definitely hire you once you finish your PhD". REALLY!? LOL!! I mean no one was letting up. When I told them that I wanted to give up on the dream of completing my Doctorate, they would just say that you really need to finish.

Well fast forward to this summer when I had absolutely NO plans of returning to school, I landed an awesome internship in my field and had a great mentor that said plainly, "You owe it to yourself, your husband, your family, and to everyone to finish your PhD". So after a lot of things "Falling into place", I have the opportunity to complete my degree. I am currently enrolled this semester and I am so excited! It is like I have a fresh start. I have a new advisor, new research and a new outlook on things. So you know what, Frustration will make you do some interesting things! LOL! I was so tired of not being able to find a job and look where the Lord led me back to. I am so grateful!



The Girly Engineer

No comments:

Post a Comment