Thursday, July 26, 2012

Shakeology!

Good Morning ALL!!



For the past 30 days I have been drinking this shake called Shakeology! A little background... I have tried at least 4-5 different kinds of protein shakes and they were all NASTY and tasted like medicine! LOL! I was looking for something that did what a protein shakes did but tasted good. Shoot if I was going to do something long term then it had to taste good. My now Upline Coach at Beach Body, let's just call her Dallas, was drinking the shakes and had great results. I scooped up a sample from her and honestly didn't drink it for several months. At the time I was planning a wedding and was all over the place! So one day I finally tasted the drink and it tasted pretty good.



Fast forward to 1.5 years later, my grandmother had past and I was really ready to make the change. I stayed in touch with my coach and drilled her with questions about the shake. I finally made the jump and ordered the shakes alone with Turbo Fire. I was hesitant for all of that time because the shakes were $119.95 for a month supply! But by the time I was ready to make the change in my health and weight; I was stopping at McDonald, Burger King and at the cafeteria at work spending $5-$6 just on breakfast! **GASPS** Crazy huh! And I would be hungry again at 9:00am (Roll Eyes). The shakes are only $4 dollars a day. So it made sense. It wasn't 1000 calories either. I decided to go with purchasing the shakes with the workout because I got a deep discount on the shakes with the purchase.

I drunk the shakes for about a week, trying out new recipes and I really liked the ability to customize the shakes. One day I made my shake and left it at home. I was like shoot; I will just eat at work. I ate and by the time 9:30am came I was ABSOLUTELY STAVING!!! UGGHH!!! Let's just say it was hard trying to stay within my calories this day! So I had an unexpected test of what the shakes had been doing for me. I was sluggish and hungry most of the day! The shake also gives you all of the vitamins that you need for the day. WIN, WIN, and WIN for me because I suck at taking my vitamins regularly. Now I don't miss my shakes and found that drinking them as my breakfast does the best for me because I am not normally hungry until noon.

Here is my favorite recipe for the shakes; it is just something that I came up with.
1/2 cup (4oz) of Skim Milk
1 banana
1 teaspoon of Virgin Coconut Oil
Ice
4 oz of water
1 scoop or bag of Shakeology
Put it all in a blender and whip!


I love this combination!

The shakes really work for me. So much so that I drop 15lbs in 29 DAYS!!! I love the shakes and the workouts so much that I decided to become a Beach body Coach! I just really hope that I can help someone else that needs to drop the weight to save or enhance their life! I started at 360lbs so I am sure you can do it!

Here are my sites if you want to check the shakes out or any of the workouts:

For just info on the shakes:
http://myshakeology.com/YasJas2011


For info on the shakes and workouts combinations:

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/YasJas2011




The Girly Engineer

No comments:

Post a Comment