Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fruits?? Veggies?? Important in Weight-loss!!!? Who Would Have Thought It!

Hello everyone! On last week, I didn't lose any weight :-( I did lose some inches though. I even managed to go up a couple of pounds. I had a friend give me some tips about cutting out flour and yes, even wheat flour/breads. I thought about what was different from when I was losing the weight at the beginning of my journey and I realized that I ate a lot of fruits in my smoothies and throughout the day. I also had nice portions of veggies (cabbage, squash, asparagus, salads and more). But the last couple of weeks I had become hooked on Fiber One Bars and dried Veggie and Apple Chips from The Fresh Market. I mean I LOVED THESE CHIPS AND BARS! I guess I figured that they were “good for me” and “Since I am staying under my calories”, that it was all good. Well after actually gaining a couple of pounds last week, I had to re-evaluate some things. I cut back on my Fiber One Bars and Chips. I replaced them with my cherries, strawberries and peaches AND....


I AM BACK ON THE LOSING TRACK!!! So guess what?? Fruit and Vegetables are very important in weight loss. You cannot substitute anything for them either. Who would have thought it!? HA HA!!


Get your Fresh Fruit and Veggie on!


The Girly Engineer





4 comments:

  1. So true! It's great that you're taking the time to figure out what's changing and how to correct it. I'm on this same journey, back from business travel and I've got to get back into my healthy eating groove. It's HARD, but I know my results were worth it. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I have to do this differently than I have done before. You can do it! Just take it step by step in getting back on track. I so know how it is to get off track! Keep up the great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I took a Nutrition class just recently and the dietician mentioned that Fiber One bars are full of sugar and not enough Fiber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Sandra! They are so not really good for you lol!

      Delete