Sunday, August 19, 2012

The 60 Day Update!

Hello everyone! I have hit the 60 day mark of my weight-loss journey and I have seen big changes.

Here are some of the changes:

 •I can now run up my stairs and don't give out of breath going up or down.
 •I can now fit in my size 22 dress pants (from a size 26)
 •I can now do a 5 mile Walk-Away-The-Pounds workout
 •I am feeling great in general
 •I am getting more confidence, especially when I am in front of a large crowd

So I love these changes and will keep it up! I really would like to reach my goal slowly over time.

The things that I have been doing consistently to lose the weight:
•Drinking one of my Shakeology Shakes every morning (Including Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and some fruits)
•Drinking on average 16 cups of water (equivalent to 128oz)
•Working out at least 4-6 times a week (walking, WATP DVDs)
•Eating what I want but using Myfitnesspal.com to track my calories
  • Eating a lot of fruit and veggies
  • Eating Protein with my meals
•Staying within my 1500 daily calories. That includes the calories used from working out. (I initially was not eating the calories that I lost from working out and I was not seeing results~ For Example: I need to eat 1500 calories, complete a workout that was 500 calories lost, and I only eat 1500 calories. In the end I was only putting in 1000 calories, which was not enough to lose weight every week.)
•Use the general rule to only eat half of my meal when going out to restaurants to eat
I keep moving by parking a little farther from where I am going and taking swimming lessons
If you would like to find out more about the Shakes that I drink or the workouts that I do, check out my beach body websites:

For just info on the shakes:
For info on the shakes and workouts combinations:





August's Fitness Challenge Update:
31/60 miles DONE!!!
I plan on doing 5 miles on today.


The Girly Engineer

16 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am soooo proud of you! This blog is superb!! I have laxed on my regimen that I was following for many reasons but I mentioned that to say that you have really motivated me and your commitment fuels me to get on it. Keep it up and continue posting!! Well blogging... Lol love ya !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Desi!!!! I really do appreciate it. I am not a writer or anything but I love getting my thoughts out. You can do it honey, just take it day by day. I am so glad that I motivate people. It has in return been motivating me. Love you too!

      Delete
  2. YOU GO GIRL!!!!>KEISHA/TWIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Shica. You keep being persistent and in good spirit! I hope someone find your story as an inspiration. I know I have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I keep praying and trying to stay consistent.

      Delete
  4. Keep up the great work Yas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you keep up the good work I know it is hard. I am work in my weight I need to get back focus. I like that myfitnesspal it really helps. What is your user name on there I would love to freind you, mines is Auburn63

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! My name is YasJas2011 on myfitnesspal.

      Delete
  6. GREAT JOB SHICA!!!!! SHAMEKA WRIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it up chic!! I need to be doing the same thing!! LaMarcya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Perk!! You can do it honey! Just start slow and small. It is a mini dream that I can get back on shape and play softball again.

      Delete
  8. Sheka!!!!! Im an sooooooo proud of u operation get ur sexy back!!! Im goin to get back on my weight loss plan u definately motivated me even more to do so.... KEEP IT UP LADY

    ReplyDelete