Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How I make my Spaghetti Squash and Mashed Sweet Potatoes

I get a lot of people that ask me how I make my Spaghetti Squash and Sweet potatoes. Here you go.


I use Spaghetti Squash to replace pasta for spaghetti.
Here is how I make it:
  1. Poke holes in the squash with a knife all around. You don't want it to blow up in the microwave
  2. Cook it for 6 minutes per pound in the microwave; in a microwave safe dish. It is normally 2 pounds. I cook it for 6 minutes on one side and flip over for the other 6 minutes.
  3. Cut the tip off and cut in half
  4. Scoop the seeds out with a folk
  5. Scrap out the squash
  6. Season with salt and pepper and it is ready to eat






This has become a weekly favorite and a daily treat!
How I make my mash sweet potatoes:
  1.  Rinse potatoes off
  2. Puncture with folk multiple times around and put it on paper towels and in to the microwave.
  3. I had pretty large potatoes this time and cooked them for 7 minutes; flip them and cooked for 7 more mins. (generally 4 minutes per potato, but keep cooking until it is tender)
  4. Let cool. You can peel it and mash. I do a combination of cutting, peeling and scrapping with a knife and folk.
  5. Add 1 tablespoon of Raw Honey, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
  6. Stir with a spoon until it is mixed/whipped. This (the picture below) was enough for about 1/2 cup for 7 of my meals
 
 

Make sure you check out and like my fitness page on facebook! www.facebook.com/TheGirlyEngineerGettingFit
Be Sure to Follow me on Instagram: @yashicab
If you would like to find out more about the Shakes that I drink or the workouts (Turbo Fire, Insanity, P90X and more) that I do, check out my beach body websites:

For just info on the shakes:
For info on the shakes and workouts combinations:
The Girly Engineer


No comments:

Post a Comment