Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Journey! Weight loss that is!


Whelp! I was going to wait until tomorrow to post about my weight loss journey, but had it on my heart to do it tonight. I have pretty much been "Extra Thick" most of my life. You may ask why now or what make this time different (I have lost weight before and gained it back! :-( ). Well I lost my grandmother about a month ago to diabetes and lung cancer (By the way, Cancer... YOU SUCK! ). Seeing her in her final days really did something to me. She was in so much pain that she really didn't recognize or knew that we were there with her. Also my grandfather recently pleaded with me to lose weight (tears). So I am ready to make this life style change. This time I plan on keeping a journal and cutting out things a little bit at a time.

There is a gym and trainer at my job and today I had an assessment done. :-( I was really shock that I weigh as much as I do. I guess it could be because I haven't been on a scale since I got married almost a year ago! LORD! (Shaking my head). I think it will help me by blogging about it. If you have any tips or just some encouraging words to help me along on this journey, I would really appreciate it. I will leave you with my weight. I promise to post a full list of my measurements later and pictures.  Recently I heard someone say something that is so true when you think about it. "How many old fat people do you see around?" Not many do you! I want to be around to see my grand kids.



My current weight is........






















360lbs!



PLEASE PRAY FOR ME ON THIS JOURNEY!



The Girly Engineer

2 comments:

  1. I want to congratulate you on beginning your journey and following through. You look AMAZING... I can't say beautiful because from your pics you always have been. Thank you for being am inspiration to other EXTRA THICK girls out there like me...I've just started my weight loss journey...325lbs...never thought I'd see that number...but thank you for showing me that it's possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much shawtydownapp!!! So sorry that I am late replying. I really appreciate the Congrats!

      Delete